13 May 2008

Part 2 or How All Of The Sudden It Became So Easy To Be A Vegetarian

I spent the whole night watching interesting videos and looking for information around the net and what I found... well... there are things that just break my heart and things that infuriate me and make me feel ashamed of being a human. Sometimes I think that it's maybe just best to give up and not do anything, to ignore everything that's going on and just wait for the end of it all, hoping that in the end nature survives and humans will be just one more species extinct in the course of the evolution (not that I'm really sure about the whole concept of evolution, but that's another story)...

But then there are also things that give hope and make me want to do something - anything - to help and support the ones that are actually accomplishing things in battles against time and money and powerful corporations... I hope some people will agree...

This video of Captain Paul Watson (from the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society) is part of those hope-giving things. If you don't really understand what the hell this post is all about and the video here is too long and you don't have time to watch it then I suggest you go see a film called "The 11th Hour" or even better - the one that I just discovered with awe yesterday called "Sharkwater" (and which was the reason I stayed up all night, surfing around to get more informed). Wathc it ASAP and I'm sure that, as I, you might suddenly find the time and the motivation to want to see and hear more.. to go further in the investigation of what's really going on and maybe even act on it.

As for the title of my today's story: it's maybe the recent accumulation of the people i've talked to and the things i've seen and heard and thought. And maybe having watched "Sharkwater" just before also helped shifting something into place. Anyway, there is something in what Captain Watson says here that just made a click in my head and all of the sudden it became so easy to be a vegetarian... I just had to put this out here (as to respond to my previous post) and share what I'm thinking. Now I'm wondering if someone might get a similar reaction, so let me know what you're thinking too...




PS: during the time you spent reading and watching this, about 5000 sharks were slaughtered. To find out more go see the film...

No comments:

Post a Comment